Kurow Medical Centre is a member of the Southern Primary Health Organisation (PHO). By enrolling with us you are also enrolling with the Southern PHO. The PHO receives funding from the government which it distributes to medical centres to subsidise consultations and other services for enrolled patients.
We have a satalite clinic in Twizel and an outreach clinic in Omarama
To enrol with Kurow Medical Centre we require you to complete a form and we may require proof of your eligibility for government funded healthcare by sighting your passport or other proof of eligibility. Click here to download form
Kurow Medical Centre also has a Doctors House which is available for locum doctors and medical or nursing students. It is situated in a rural setting close to the medical centre and the local primary school.
The Kurow Medical Centre acknowledges the rights of the patient outlined within the Health & Disability Commissioners Code of Rights. We aim to provide a high quality, professional service for all patients at all times.
If you have any complaints about the treatment or service you have received from us we would like to know. We encourage you to provide full details of your complaint in writing to us as soon as possible so we can fully investigate your complain.
If you make a complain to us we will:
- Let you know that we have received your complaint within 5 working days unless it has been resolved to your satisfaction within that time
- Let you know within 10 working days whether or not we feel your complaint is justified. If we need more time to investigate your complain we will advise you of this and why more time is needed.
Once we have made a decision regarding the acceptance or otherwise of your complaint we will:
- Provide you with reasons for our decision
- Advise you of actions we propose to take
- Advise you of the practice appeal procedures and your rights to complain to the Health & Disability Commissioner or the Privacy Commissioner.
For complaints that take some time to fully resolve we will advise you about the progress of your complain each month.
At any time you require we will provide you with all the information that the Kurow Medical Centre holds that is or may be relevant to your complaint.
A poster giving information on the options for complaining is on display in the main public areas of the practice.